Canada

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well , I just got off the phone with the Winnipeg BMW dealership's sales manager and he gave the bad news: there will only be 3 dealerships in Canada selling the i3 and they will be in Montreal, Toronto, and either Calgary or Edmonton. I have been put on a list and he will update me monthly. Since I will need a servicing dealer he doesn't recommend trucking one in for me.

Quite upsetting as I have pretty much decided that I was going to buy one as soon as I could. Hopefully they will be available here in time for the 2015 models

Seems funny. Not even one on the West Coast, and that's where Tesla has the Mexico to Canada supercharged highway.

The sales manager was quite sure of the Toronto and Montreal sites, but not so sure of the Alberta site. There are no Federal incentives for buying a BEV in Canada, but three provinces [states] do give incentives, Quebec, Ontario, and British Columbia so it would make sense that the third dealer will be on the west coast.

I sure hope Birchwood BMW of Winnipeg will be selling i3's in a year or so. I’m not too happy, but I guess I’ll be looking at a Leaf for now. Also any other BEV’s available locally.

Went to Laval dealer for a road test, yesterday

Today, the dealer receive their allocation for June delivery
Just Placed my order for an I3+Rex,
Ionic Silver,
Lodge
techno package
19"

oldbillygoat said:
I’m off to see my local [only] BMW dealer tomorrow to find out if they are even going to sell the i3. Has anyone in other parts of Canada heard when the i3 will be sold in their cities?

Just saw one a few days ago being thrashed around a corner at high speed, all four wheels squealing...it was a few KM from a BMW dealer, so presumably a spirited test drive!

It's not just Toronto, a dealer north of Toronto has them listed:
http://www.tcbmw.com/buildandprice/...automatic-rear_wheel_drive- - .html#step1Menu

Wow, $45K list! The only options listed that I don't already have on my 2014 Smart Electric Drive are navigation, adjustable steering wheel, auto-dim mirror. I did get the clear roof panel on my Smart, so that is the one thing that the i3 listed above didn't have.

I paid $19K all-in (taxed and rebates). So I could buy two Smarts for the price of an i3... sounds about right, the i3 is innovative and modern, seats 4 and I like that it is differentiated from other BMW's, so owners will like that!

Congrats on your purchase!

lturcotte said:
Went to Laval dealer for a road test, yesterday

Today, the dealer receive their allocation for June delivery
Just Placed my order for an I3+Rex,
Ionic Silver,
Lodge
techno package
19"

Are winter tires available now. Do you know how much is it of a set of four with rims.

Can someone try to confirm (I will try as well) whether Canadian cars come with:

- a 9L gas tank for the REx (apparently US tanks are smaller)

- the autonomous driving assistant that will steer and move the car automatically in traffic (as part of Tech package)

Hi,

Anyone in Canada have their Remote i App working? How did you activate it? BMW Assist activated mine but I keep getting my password is incorrect.

thx

Ordered my car from Brian Jessel in Vancouver over 2 months ago and still do not have an official factory order number. Are people in Canada already getting their order confirmations?

DarkKnight it sounds like you have your i3 already (when did you order and what dealer?)

Hi Newbie here,

Can anyone confirm Canada is getting the US spec or the EU spec i3?

I understand that EU has a larger gas tank, and can force REX to kick in before battery run down.

I see Canada doesn't have option for Sunroof, so presumably we are getting US Spec?!?

I am about to pull the trigger on the i3. Can anyone recommend a dealer/sales in Vancouver? I went Brian Jessel, can't get anyone to talk to me about the i3. Not sure if it is because i3 is the cheapest one in their show room.

Blue20 said:
I am about to pull the trigger on the i3. Can anyone recommend a dealer/sales in Vancouver? I went Brian Jessel, can't get anyone to talk to me about the i3. Not sure if it is because i3 is the cheapest one in their show room.

Bought from April at Brian Jessel. While i was not happy i could not order the exact config i wanted - was surprised they have about 8 cars on allocation that are still not sold. So if you don't mind a fully loaded Mega, Giga, or Tera with 20" wheels they have quite a few coming that are not spoken for.

Just ordered mine. My vendor told me they have trouble finding winter tire set (rim & tire). So he offered me the most expensive set @ 2500$ instead of the 1800$ set.

In Quebec, winter tires are mandatory, I feel like being cornered here, any suggestions?

RJSATLBA said:
I paid €899 + 99 shipping from Germany to UK from this web site, they have gone up to 1099 now.

https://www.procarshop.de/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=I3

Are they shipping to Canada?

Back