Help... Umbau/Import eines amerikanischen US BMW i3 nach DE

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChillyHF

:cry:
Hi i3-fellas, has anyone heard of a re-import and upgrade of a US 60Ah i3 back to the German homeland.
I'm not worried about taxes, I'm worried about getting my beloved i3 built back to German specs:
German software (MMI, navigation), charging receptacles , lights. German hotline says `forget it!`.

If I have to sell Now in the US I`m burning 20k$ with all the Bolts, Model 3s etc :cry:

Anyone? Thanks!

.......................................................................................................................
Hallo i3-Deutschland, ich habe mir 2015 eine 60Ah US i3 gebraucht geholt und bin 105% zufrieden hier in Atlanta /GA. Nun steht meine Rückversetzung [nach Nürnberg] an , und es will mir nicht in den Kopf, einen in Leipzig nach US Standards gebauten i3 unter hohem Verlust 20,000$ zu verkaufen.

Die dt. BMW-hotline rät mir vom Import ab!
● Ladestecker und Licht umzubauen , ginge ja noch
● Kommunikation, Innendisplays Software [km statt Meilen, Navi] , das müsste im Werk gemacht werden , und würde einen komplett zerlegten i3 bedeuten. Danach TÜV!

Habt ihr Erfahrungen vom Re-Import nach DE? Gibt's irgendwo in DE gute Wekstätten, die sich so was zutrauen?

Danke und LG! H
ChillyHF

Replacing the charging port connector, tweaking the required lights, updating the headlight beam pattern (new housings?), would be expensive ($20K worth, probably not), changing the maps to local would be easy. Getting the logic to perform as a German car...iffy. Lots of GI's drive US spec'ed vehicles...not sure what the requirements would be to just leave it as an American spec'ed vehicle, except for actually charging it. As I said, the maps is the easy part...proper code, and you can just load them in. I wonder if you could build an adapter plug...if you could, that would make things easier. The actual main charging protocol is the same, but not positive on the shutter interlock...it may function as the latch interlock on the J1772 plug. That would require some research.

jadnashuanh said:
Replacing the charging port connector, tweaking the required lights, updating the headlight beam pattern (new housings?), would be expensive ($20K worth, probably not), changing the maps to local would be easy. Getting the logic to perform as a German car...iffy. Lots of GI's drive US spec'ed vehicles...not sure what the requirements would be to just leave it as an American spec'ed vehicle, except for actually charging it. As I said, the maps is the easy part...proper code, and you can just load them in. I wonder if you could build an adapter plug...if you could, that would make things easier. The actual main charging protocol is the same, but not positive on the shutter interlock...it may function as the latch interlock on the J1772 plug. That would require some research.

Thanks!

Back