Any coders in the SF Bay Area

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gps1539

I'm a new owner (2015 i3 REX), in the SF bay area (Los Gatos)
Wondering if there are folks in the neighbourhood who can advise on coding so I can unlock that hidden 2.5 gallon fuel tank and the hold function. Anyone in the area doing this as a service? Advise on software / ODX connections etc.

Thanks in advance and thanks to the admins for setting up the forum.

Answering my own post. I purchased bimmercode and a OBD. I have now coded my i3 successfully.

And it was pretty easy huh? The only hard part is figuring out what all the codes mean. Some of it isn't that intuitive.

Anyone with any experience with coding, and getting the REx repaired under the extended i3 "Auxiliary Power Unit" (REx) warranty?

From the BMW i3 Warranty Guide: ³The Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) is covered for 15 years/150,000 miles, whichever occurs first, in all
states including Puerto Rico. Please refer to the Federal Emission Warranty statement on pages 20-22.

From the BMW Facebook group, a member posted that his REx failed, and BMWNA refused to fix it ($13,000 repair-cost) under the APU warranty, because their diagnostic tools showed that the car had been user re-coded to use the hold function for the REx.

Not a Facebook user.....did they post the actual cost of the repair to the APU?

Back