I got a WHOLE LOTTA problems, see video from my BMW dealer Drivetrain Error Motor Mount

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly for a car with this many miles and almost 7 years old (almost 19k miles a year?), your issues aren't so bad. The only thing that may cost you some $$ is the A/C fault. But so long as it's not caused issues with the battery itself, you're good.

Arm said:
Honestly for a car with this many miles and almost 7 years old (almost 19k miles a year?), your issues aren't so bad. The only thing that may cost you some $$ is the A/C fault. But so long as it's not caused issues with the battery itself, you're good.

How much do you think it would cost reasonably?

bigbearballs said:
Arm said:

How much do you think it would cost reasonably?

It depends on the extent of the damage or fault. I can't imagine a compressor costing too much. Did the dealer offer a quote? Perhaps someone else can chime in with an itemized cost?

bigbearballs said:
Here's my bill, they want $4800 for the drivetrain error.

https://bsatx.mktext07.com/p/jMKv0M

That's not bad for a dealer doing the compressor.

The only thing you should be aware of is that they may come back and find damage to the battery once they get into the project.

However you look at it - $4,800 is expensive.

I looked up your parts on Hubauer.de, so I hope you're sitting down. If you want to view the parts - remove the dashes on your part-numbers. ;)

Electric air-compressor, part number 64 52 9 496 107 is €1,475.11 - ($1,716)
Air conditioning condenser, part number 64 50 6 804 722 is €391 - ($455)
Expansion valve, part number 64 11 6 845 413 is €130 - ($94) + installation kit
Engine mount 22116887267 is €104 ($121) + mount

You can probably source parts and get a good independent to fit them if they know their way around electric vehicles.

I recently replaced the compressor at a local shop here and AC was fine. Then the drivetrain error can back and the AC went out again. The shop that did the original work will now not look at it. I called some more shops in town and they won't touch it either. I really don't want to give in and give BMW 5k, but I'm running out of options.

Could anyone help me to at least clear these codes so I can get an inspection done? I've used the reader and OBD2 Expert, Auto Doctor, and bootmod3 and none of them will clear these codes.

Well chances are you won't spend $5k if you have already changed the compressor right?

Dealing with dealer prices is daunting no doubt but one benefit is they get it done right the first time and you're paying extra for that additional layer of coverage in case things go sour a few weeks or months down the road.

you're paying extra for that additional layer of coverage in case things go sour a few weeks or months down the road.

This! - Dealers normally warranty their repair work for two years.

Could anyone help me to at least clear these codes so I can get an inspection done? I've used the reader and OBD2 Expert, Auto Doctor, and bootmod3 and none of them will clear these codes.

You could try BimmerLink, but if it isn't an intermittent fault, the fault itself has to be corrected before the fault code will clear. Note with Bimmerlink - the free version uses 'canned' data and doesn't really connect to the car - demo only. Only the paid version actually links to the car.

https://bimmerlink.app/

Or upgrade to ISTA+ software and cable. This is dealer level diagnostics via a laptop, not an OBD connection via a phone.

Back