Pre-Conditioning via the App

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadnashuanh

I do not use the menus in the car to set up preconditioning times, since it varies on a day-to-day basis, but do use my Android tablet to pre-condition when I think about it. Over the last maybe 10-days, when I've done this and gone down to the car, I've found it unlocked a total of three times. I can believe I may have forgotten once, but not three times. Plus, this morning when I did this, not only was the car unlocked, but each front window was down the amount that happens when you reach to open the door! I'm 100% certain that I never touched the windows before leaving the vehicle the last time. So, I'm going to call BMW, but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I do remember a thread where someone said their windows were down (I got the impression it was ALL the way down, but maybe not, and it was the same as I just noticed).

Anyway, if I hear back from BMW, I'll post their response.

jadnashuanh said:
... use my Android tablet to pre-condition when I think about it. Over the last maybe 10-days, when I've done this and gone down to the car, I've found it unlocked a total of three times. I can believe I may have forgotten once, but not three times. Plus, this morning when I did this, not only was the car unlocked, but each front window was down...
I'm guessing that your key fob is getting fondled by something in your pocket, holding down the unlock button for a few seconds. Holding the unlock will both unlock the doors and lower the windows. The rubber key fob cover BMW sells for the i3 can be put on backwards to help prevent accidental pressing of those buttons.

If the fob was hit, the chances of the windows going down exactly the same amount as when you try to open the door is a stretch. And, the button has to be hit and held a fairly long time before the windows do start to move. Not likely, but anything's possible.

Back