Weird TPMS interaction?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadnashuanh

My GT sits in the garage a lot. So, it had my winter tires still on it, but an upcoming trip meant it was time to switch back. Well, got a weird error message when trying to reset them to the summer set: "TPMS Interference, cannot reset, proceed cautiously" or something like that.

Well, I did remember the service manage told me one time that the i3's TPMS system is a bit different than most of the others in the brand in that the fob is an integral part of that system. I had both my i3's and the GT's fobs in my pocket at the time.

I waited for the tires to cool off again, took the i3's fob out of my pocket and left it in the house, then tried again...this time, it reset and worked fine. There have been times when both the GT's fobs were in the car, and no issues, but this may have been the first time I had the i3 and GT fob in the car, at least while trying to perform a reset.

Anyway, while this is not definitive, it is interesting to me that it worked when the i3's fob was not in the car and failed when it was.

Just a FYI. Your results may differ!

Back