P16CF Drive train Code

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerochrome

Hi,

Got in my ci3 to drive home from work yesterday to find the check engine light on. Plugged in my OBD reader once I got home to find a "P16CF" code from the DMCM DrivemotorCtrl ($7E3) ECU. I looked around online and found that code is associated with an anti-tamper check in BMWs, and I had been using Bimmercoder to try and reprogram my remote in "expert mode" without success. So I undid my changes in the Body Domain Controller ECU (resetting that ECU in the process) and the code has gone from confirmed (active) to permanent (inactive) and the light has gone out. Thoughts?

Hi,
The check engine light comes on on my 2015 I3 out of the blue. I got the low air tire warning so put some air and reset it and a few hours later i saw the check engine light (CEL) turned on.
I have the bimmercode app and the bluetooth OBD, can someone share the steps how to reset/erase the CEL
Thanks

I also have a generic OBD2 so I plugged it to my 2015 I3 and ran the scan for DTC. It shown a P0004 code. So I went ahead and erase it. Let see if the code comes back.
Btw- it is so simple with a no-frill OBD2 scanner but i can't figure out how to scan and erase code with Bimmercode app. It shouldn't be that hard right Bimmercode.

phuonguy said:
Btw- it is so simple with a no-frill OBD2 scanner but i can't figure out how to scan and erase code with Bimmercode app. It shouldn't be that hard right Bimmercode.
The BimmerCode developer has also written BimmerLink that can scan and erase codes. The BimmerLink iTunes app store claims that the i3 is a supported car whereas the BimmerLink Website does not. I have asked the developer whether BimmerLink works well with an i3.

Back