BMWUSA Ultimate care+ warranty is a joke be warned!120V charger not covered under original 50K bumper to bumper warranty

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylvang

My 120V level 1 i3 charger just died on me.....not sure how? I went to Beverly Hill BMW and was told this would not be covered under warranty because they believe it is a problem with my wall outlet. They also wanted to charge me $1024 for a new 120V level1 charger! I spoke with BMWUSA and they claim if the dealership has assessed this damaged 120v charger to improper use of the cord and will not honor the claim. The dealership claims that I have damaged the charger by plugging into a wall charger that burned and corroded the unit.....bogus I actually upgraded my wall charger so this would not happen. BMWUSA Ultimate care+ warranty is a joke be warned

$1024 :eek:

Must be the Swarovski crystals and gold plating that Beverly Hills BMW bling's up the charge cord with. You can buy the BMW OEM 120/240v TurboCord - new and unused - on eBay for $300. The OEM BMW 120v Occasional Use charge cord - new and unused - goes for $200. :roll:

Back