Connected drive app not updating Charge status and Electric Range

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJPi3

Hi all, Have any of you had issues with the Connected App not updating the Charge Status and electric range, shown in blue at the top of the app. If I log on to the BMW portal everything is correct, just will not update on the App on my iPhone. I can send things like turning on the air con. I have deleted the app, re installed the app, deleted the car, put the car back on my account and also plugged my phone in by USB. Thanks hope someone can thinks of something.

While BMW is a multibillion dollar company, they don't exhibit all that much skill at their car internet connectivity prowess! The whole thing sometimes ends up off-line for awhile, and the user interface isn't great. Feel free to complain to BMW, but know you won't be alone. TO save on connect costs, I think, the car doesn't update information all that often, which can make it somewhat less useful!

Hi. Sorry I live in the UK and the car is the 120ah version. Given up asking BMW about this as none of their solutions work. Will just use the web portal I guess. Love the car though. Did have a couple of issues like having a new glove box and the display behind the steering wheel had some bubbles in which were both replaced.

I knew that you weren't in the US, since our Connected Drive web portal was stripped of any useful vehicle information back in the spring and is now nothing more than a web store for renewing your subscriptions. Hopefully the UK portal doesn't see the same fate.....

I am in the US, New Jersey. I have same issue with the connected app on iphone that charging status and the battery meter not displaying corresponding charging status. But the Connected app on an Android phone gets the corrected status. So the issue sems not in the car not sending the status. BMW softwware is so behind.

Back