Lights stay on in the door while driving at night?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLDBMWGUY

I now have 475 miles on my 2019 BEV and love it!

I have not done much night driving with the I3 since taking delivery but tonight I noticed that now a whole string of lights stays on in the front (and rear) door storage compartments, very distracting at night having that much light in the interior. It also even lights in the little "hand hold grabber part" on the door that you are apparently to use to shut the door (from within the vehicle). These lights in all four doors also stay on when I shut the car off as well. No other lights stay on in or outside of the car. Of course, when driving during the day, I had never noticed the lights.

Is this some "feature" of the "Tera World" option that I chose? Or is it common to all I3 interiors?

I have tried altering the "lights" features and the "Vehicle Settings" , etc. with no luck. Fiddling with the "dimmer" wheel had no effect whatsoever.

I have used BimmerCode on the I3 and have altered several features but I cannot remember altering something to do with "never dimming the interior door lights while driving at night"?

This would be the 'Ambient Lights' setting . The 'Mode' choices should have an option for 'Off' . The other choices are different colours . Give that a try .
Let us know if it works .

Thanks guys!
Changing the Ambient Lighting did seem to work when I use the brightness "selection" on the screen. My problem had apparently been that I had unreasonably been trying to use the "wheel" on the dash for that purpose. It is challenging driving a vehicle that is way smarter than I am!

As John Wayne once said: "Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid".

Thanks again for the answer.

If I knew I'd be missing out on all this cool stuff with the Value Package, I may have thought twice before getting it.

Back