Error 21F0D1

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewH7

Had an alert via the My BMW App that my i3 wasn’t able to charge.

Pulled the codes using BimmerLink and the memory contained:

07 Accumulator-management electronics
1 error
21F0D1: HVS: Main switch: end of service life reached
1A Electrical machine electronics 1 error
22285D: Emergency run manager: consequential error; Component reports error high-voltage battery battery service request FIS_BMW_SME_KAT3
40 Car access system
1 error
030020: FH FA: The system is not standardized

Anyone had the same?

Thanks

New 12 volt battery fitted and registered less than a year ago.

Had the convenience charger replaced under the recall in August 2020

“HVS: Main switch: end of service life reached”

Is this a component that will wear out every 5 years?

Have you been able to charge since? I tend to work back to see if there's been anything that might have triggered it. Used a new rapid charger, any other errors that have been flagged? If you're state-side can you charge the car with the 240v mains mobile charger?

I don't know a great detail about these cars, but building up my knowledge. I'm more mechanical vs electrical. ;)

Ideally being able to get a definitive i3 error list would be handy so we know what we're looking for.

The high voltage accumulator control unit is buried deep in the battery back, so this is a battery drop down to service and replace. Now I'm not saying that's the issue, I'm just trying to determine if there's some sort of capacitor built into this the unit that allows the battery modules to accept the charge.

https://www.hubauer-shop.de/en/carparts/i-models-parts-catalog/i3-meg/7z41-i01n-xb4/i3-94ah-rexa-mega-city-vehicle-vehicle-electrical-system-741-/741-613169-hochvol/

Just curious: Have you tried clearing the code in the chance that it was a one-time fluke occurrence?

Back