Help! Check Engine light on + no accessory controls work

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utrph77004

Newbie here, so please be kind. Turned on my 2015 i3 Rex w/ a little over 24k miles, and the check engine light immediately came on, none of the accessory controls on the dash work (a/c, radio, etc.) and the A/C fan is blowing only via the feet ducts (not cold or hot, just fan blowing). It drives fine, and all other items appear to be functioning normally (windows, power steering, radio plays as well as Bluetooth connection). The only other odd thing is that even when the power is completely off, the AC fan is still continuing to blow, even after I lock the car, and all internal power seems to be off. I’m very worried about it draining my almost brand new 12V battery.

I attempted to diagnose with my OBD2 reader in conjunction with BimmerLink which I’ve used in the past successfully when I replaced the 12V battery. It appears it’s no longer making a normal connection as when it’s plugged into the port, it no longer flashes on the module, and it will not connect with my phone.

Is this possibly a blown fuse? Any suggestions? No other error messages appear in instrumentation. Is there a manual ‘reset’ I can do? If so, send me a link with instructions on how-to.

Back