Can not open the rear trunk

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adco

Hello everyone,

I am new on this forum.

The rear trunk no longer opens; by pressing the key, you can hear the lock react but it does not open; with the light in the trunk remaining on, the 12v battery may discharge quickly; I therefore disconnected the plug from the lock; I did not find a manual unlocking as for the front trunk; the doc indicates a button on the driver's floor side above the front trunk unlocking cable, this button is not present in my vehicle (bmw i3 from 2015). Do you know how to unlock the safe lock from the inside?
There are two cables which allow the front trunk and the charging hatch to be unlocked, but not the rear trunk.

Thanks in advance

Adrien

I've seen reference to "a hole a screwdriver can be inserted into" to manually actuate the latch, but I just looked and... well, there are 4 screws around the latch, but non of them look like they're covering an access port.

I've had a piece of fabric get stuck between the latch and the bracket, causing a stuck tailgate. Once I yanked it open from the outside, the other time I had to climb inside and work out the item. Any chance something is jammed in yours?

I don't think you need to worry about the light. It should time out after about 15 minutes.

Hi eNate

thanks for your help ;

i solved my problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tAyIzPhWBk

Great video! Thanks for posting. Mine is still working fine but it's nice to know that there is such a simple resolution if it ever fails.

Back