Bmw I3 electric fault

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redi3

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me when it comes to the Heater unit and I-Drive system not wanting to turn on. It will sometimes just flicker on and off the screen, then turns off, the I drive scroll wheel also does not work.

Thank you, Fellow BMW I3 owner.

Hope someone can help!

The temperature dial, with the temperature set point displayed? Is that what's flickering?

I've had issues in my 2017 blowing cold air. I believe it was a heat pump issue. It always self corrected the next day. It happened three of four nights a week or so apart. I took it in (warranty), "could not duplicate" / software update, and in the ensuing 18 months it only happened once again.

Sadly not. It's the actual I-drive screen That won't work, and heater unit. I'm thinking of changing the front 12v battery in the front and seeing if that changes anything. Or just send it into BMW and pay the ripoff price.

UPDATE!

I have had my I3 94ah scanned and if comes back as a Cambus fault. And when you clear it it comes on in about 3 seconds later it comes straight back on.

Back