missing charger locations on their map screen

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivepicbridge2

Anyone see missing charger locations on their map screen?

For a while now I have tried to determine why some of the charger locations are missing from the infotainment screen. To be specific, I seem to have lost all the level 2 locations for my area, leaving only DC chargers shown. They are the EVgo units and Electrify America locations, . All of the ChargePoint and Blink locations are missing. I can see them if I go back to the previous used charger screen and navigate to them, however the icon is different in that it shows a "person head" next to plug graphic. If I go the that location without going through the prior charger locations menu, there is nothing there.

I have gone through all kinds of the ways to see if there was a setting for this, but have come up empty each time. Making the mystery more interesting, is the fact this is seen in my wife's car, a 2018 I3 ReX. Mine is a 2015 Bev, while both have different infotainment systems, they each only show DC charger locations. The MyBMW app also seems to be having the same issues as it mirrors the locations seen in either car - only showing the DC chargers. The app has settings, (and in each car), where one can adjust, filtering which chargers are shown and no matter what way I set the filters, it still just shows the fast chargers.

I tried looking online and have not seen any posts online related to this. If it was just my car, I would understand I may have changed a setting, but when I see the same across the app and my wife's car, I wonder if this is tied to some database feeding data to both cars and to the app.

Back