Every error, car won't start...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlorose

Went to go to work this morning... had that "uh oh" flash as I unplugged the car and realized the port was blue, not green.

When I started the car, the battery-cooling fan kicked into high (I thought the car was going to explode!), the dash chimed over and over and the car cycled through every error I could imagine the car has on the iDrive.

Tried to power off the car, couldn't, at some point once all the errors settled down, I could turn the car off. Tried to power it back on, and it all happened again.

I got my car back from the KLE update last week, so I'm assuming this is related in some way.

Anyone seen this? Tip on what to do?

I'm stuck on a conference call for the next hour and my local service folks haven't called me back yet.

If I don't hear from them I'll call roadside assistance after this call.

Arlo

Hi same has happened with my REX, car has been in the dealership a week and they still don't know what is wrong. The car was recovered by BMW, it was dragged onto the back of a low loader, bad, making a very loud snapping and cracking sound - informed by the dealership this is a no no - does anyone know what as potentially been damaged.

Very disappointed with the whole experience .

Take care Tim

After not hearing from my dealer, I called roadside assistance. Walked them through what troubleshooting I had done and it mapped to what he was going to ask me to do.

After reading above, insisted that I know they weren't bringing a standard tow or flatbed. They made sure to send a special rig that was a tow hybrid with rollers for the front.

Hoping this is an easy solve for the i Experts.

This morning my iRemote app showed only 8 errors. A few hours later it showed 1, and now it's clear.

Here's hoping it was truly as simple as whatever they did in the last few hours.

Posting an update in case anyone else runs into this in the future...

Tech still has no clue what's wrong. They say that a fuse blows whenever they turn on the car now. Not sure if that's a bad game of telephone with the person working on the car, or if that's what's really happening.

They're waiting on parts from Germany, and according to my iRemote app the car hasn't been touched in 4 days.

Yay.

Been going through the same thing with mine, but it started with a check engine light. SA called me Friday to tell me the ordered part would arrive Tuesday (a week after they told me they needed it) but shouldn't expect the car back until Thursday at the earliest. Going into my third week with an ICE.

Back