How to schedule different charge start time for weekend?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E90fans

Just had my I3 last week and I couldn't figure out how to setup the schedule to start immediate on Sat and Sun only.
The delay starts seems to work on Monday to Friday at 12am with the departure time of 8am but I want to start immediately since there is no peak hour to charge on Sat and Sun. Is that possible? Seems like if I remove he departure time for Sat and Sun it will wait till Monday 12am before it will start since the next departure is 8am on Monday?

Thanks

There are three slots for departure time, and each of those three gives you the ability to select the days. But, I do not remember if the same applies to low-cost charging.

When you switch off the vehicle you do get the option to set a one-off departure time and set immediate charging if off-peak is default

E90fans, if only BMW thought this out since I believe most electric companies are geared for Sat-Sun all day as off peak.

I get around it by entering M-F departure time in slot 1 and a very early AM departure time Sat-Sun in slot 2. This might work for you too, provided you don't have pre-conditioning checked off (since that would unnecessarily condition it Sat-Sun).

GranTourer said:
E90fans, if only BMW thought this out since I believe most electric companies are geared for Sat-Sun all day as off peak.

I get around it by entering M-F departure time in slot 1 and a very early AM departure time Sat-Sun in slot 2. This might work for you too, provided you don't have pre-conditioning checked off (since that would unnecessarily condition it Sat-Sun).

Thanks - I will try that,
My I3 replaced a 2012 Volt that I think it's charging features are much more user friendly.

1, charge status lights on dash visable all time, won't turn off or only visble on the side
2, Full TOU daily and summer/winter setup either in the car or via app
3, quick change to immediate charge from outside, unplug and plug in within 5 seconds will change to immediate mode
4, Able to get text reminder if the card is not pluged in at preset time
5, Get text when charge completed or interrupted.
6, Full montly energy detail report from OnStar, with kw used, saving etc.

Both cars have pros and cons, so I'm just listing the charging features that I like about the Volt.

The iremote all takes care of showing charge status for me and I ca on be anywhere in the world.

I would really like 4/5/6. I don't think the i3 will show any kind of lifetime kW use and it really should.

spinball said:
The iremote all takes care of showing charge status for me and I ca on be anywhere in the world.

I would really like 4/5/6. I don't think the i3 will show any kind of lifetime kW use and it really should.
How many ICE show the gallons of fuel used? Most people just don't really care.

You can get a moderately accurate idea by using the average miles/kw and the odometer. If you never need the trip computer, and never reset it, that will just keep incrementing.

Good point, but I'd also like my remaining ICE car to show gallons used as well. :lol: Considering all the range anxiety and calculations of "how much gas money does this electric car save?" I think that these stats would be very helpful.

Back