couple of gremlins before i call the dealer

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sithsmith23

hello

Had BEV I3 for 8 months and all fine and dandy with no issues, however last week or so the passenger mirror has stopped 'dipping' when in reverse plus Nav crashes and re-boots whilst in use. Anyone else seen/had this + any pointers/known issues before I call the dealer?

ta

My Nav screen rebooted once in 19000 miles. I was pretty surprised to see this because obviously it shouldn't do this. Don't know if it logs an error code if this happens but it would be pretty hard to prove otherwise. If it did it often I would definitely contact the dealer.

Electron15 said:
for the passenger mirror not tilting, make sure the switch is set to the driver side mirror.
Plus one on this. If your adjustment switch is in 'adjustment' mode, it won't dip.

I had my Nav reboot once while driving down the freeway, it spooked me at first until I realized the car was still driving fine.

I've had my BEV for over a year and it's been in the shop every few months for one thing or another so the software gets updated regularly.

Until BMW gets smart about s/w updates, it's worth it to go to the dealer and complain about something just to get the current software. One day BMW will realize that paying dealers to update the s/w is really really expensive versus OTA updates like Tesla.

Back