Cruise Control

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This can be common when driving into the sun and the angle is low. The ACC uses a camera and it can be blinded so it disengages. My commute is East in the morning when the sun is coming up and West in the evening when the sun is going down. At certain times of the year when the angles are just right, the adaptive cruise control is useless so I just turn off the "adaptive" function for those times when it doesn't function properly and use it as a standard cruise control. It is annoying and the camera technology is not the best for this reason but other technologies have their weak points as well. Other than turning off the "adaptive" function, I don't know of any fixes.

I just press in and hold the top button on the left side of the steering wheel which normally adjusts the following distance. I think you can press the bottom one as well for this. Not sure where you are so your steering wheel may be different from mine. It's good to put your general location in your profile so answers can be adapted to location since there may be differences.

Actually reading the user's manual can tell you LOTS about your car. Bet it can do many more things than you realize! As cars get more and more software, their features have long since eclipsed those cars of even a few years ago. After spending a pile of money, why not take advantage of what you have? RTFM!

Back