Glove box door not aligned - how to fix?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surge

Every i3 I have test driven or sat in has had the glove box door misaligned. The gap is not parallel with the rest of the wood trim on the dash. Kind of lame.
What's to be done about it?

I searched the forum but didn't see anything?

It is misaligned so that it rattles and annoys the driver and passengers so much that they complain about it and schedule appointments to bring it in for service to give the guys at the dealership something to do. At least, that's been my experience with the glove box lid, wood, hinge and clasp.

Umm... better? Let's just say, it's different than it was. It does rattle less, after various trips over multiple months and complaints.

The wood for my glove box doesn't align well at all, haven't noticed any rattling though. Thought it was just a bad install on my vehicle but I'm curious how many are like this after reading this post. Sounds like the predrilled holes for the hinges aren't in the correct location. It bothers me every time I see it. Really surprised by this bad quality control on a BMW.

Back