iRemote not updating

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMW4Me

Since Oct 5, my iRemote app does not provide me with updates. I'm not able to know the current state of charge and the last trip information is frozen in time. I've closed and restarted the app and called BMW Concierge and my service center. So far no answers. BMW Concierge called back several weeks later to tell me I should use the ConnectedDrive app and that iRemote was being phased out. I've not heard this from anybody else, including the service center. Anyway, the ConnectedDrive app does not have all the necessary functionality of iRemote, so I'm not even sure why they would say that. I'm located in the DC Metro area.

My i3 disappeared 2 days ago and reappeared and has not updated since. I called them and they said it is a "known issue" with no known resolution date. What is strange is commands sent to the car work, the status is not updating.

Not working here in Canada too.

Last update Nov 30, 2016 18:04.

I CAN precondition the car through the app though.

My car's status is stuck on December 1st; I can still it send departure/preconditioning times from my BMW Connected North America app as well as the ConnectedDrive web portal.

No updates on status since November 30, 9:23 AM. The map shows the car in the wrong location and the charge state and status does not appear. Located in Canada as well.

Same problem here, last update was on 11/31. Just got a new phone and thought it was related to that until I saw this post. I can still set a departure time, activate climate control and use the remote control functions.

Have same/similar problem noted on these posts - last update consistently shows 11/30/16 with no ability to track charge status. Uninstalled & reinstalled app with no resolution. As previously noted still can precondition and lock car. (Am taking into dealer for a software update I received notification from BMW about...maybe that will fix?)

gmer said:
Have same/similar problem noted on these posts - last update consistently shows 11/30/16 with no ability to track charge status. Uninstalled & reinstalled app with no resolution. As previously noted still can precondition and lock car. (Am taking into dealer for a software update I received notification from BMW about...maybe that will fix?)
I don't think a software update will fix this issue, I'm sure it's related to the BMW servers that host this service. Someone call their IT Department and tell them to reboot their iservers. :lol:

Again they are aware of issue as of last check but no specified fix date. So reinstalling and reregusteting probably won't fix the issue. Seems like update data is not flowing into servers but data to cars is getting sent.

Last update 12/1 at 1am in Florida. I sent the issue to BMW through the website listed in the app: bwm.com/connectivity today. Thank goodness for this forum and not having to try to deal with BMW dealership on this, those guys are clueless.

Just a me too, last update 11/30 8:33 EST. Preconditioning works for me as well, haven't tried locking or anything else.

BMW says, "We are currently experiencing issues with our BMW I Remote app and the ConnectedDrive Portal on our website. The BMW I remote app is currently being phased out, and we would recommend downloading the BMW Connected NA app, as we are expecting an update this week for this app to resolve the issue. If you have any further questions please contact our team for assistance."

I liked the iRemote efficiency and charging data. That doesn't appear to exist in the Connected app.

That app does not show the current information, either! It won't allow me to set a departure time, but seems to be able to activate the climate control...at least it says it does. I guess I should go check!

pfanning said:
BMW says, "We are currently experiencing issues with our BMW I Remote app and the ConnectedDrive Portal on our website. The BMW I remote app is currently being phased out, and we would recommend downloading the BMW Connected NA app, as we are expecting an update this week for this app to resolve the issue. If you have any further questions please contact our team for assistance."

I liked the iRemote efficiency and charging data. That doesn't appear to exist in the Connected app.

You mean the connected app that is not supported on the iPad? Well that's a step backwards.

Back