HELP: Garage door unprogrammed itself

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sipabit

The garage door opener button on the rear view mirror was working wonderfully until about 3 days ago. I was actually surprised how easy it was to set up but now it no longer works. Not only that, but I can't get confirmation of deleting the codes to start over. Press the first and third buttons for 20 seconds and the light on the mirror sensor is supposed to blink. Not lights.

Thoughts? Anything else I can try? BMW insists on coming over to my house to figure it out. I guess that's not so bad. Pretty good service but I'd rather do it myself if there's something I'm just being dumb about. I have the rolling code on the garage door operator but I can't even get that far as I'm stuck in that I can't even delete current codes.

I have no idea how I fixed this. I just tried it again about 3x and finally I was able to program it back.

How is it possible that it unprogrammed itself? I'd be seriously concerned in that case because it can mean someone had something to do with this. My very good friend, who's a lawyer, had the unfortunate incident of his garage being robbed. Just like you, the garage door unprogrammed itself. Of course, it was man-made, the police confirmed it. After that, he had to change the Garage Door immediately. You have to be very careful, and I'm glad you solved the problem, but just in case, take some extra safety measures next time.

It's very possible it has something to do with your key or the profile in the vehicle. I am having intermittent issues with my iDrive tiles resetting to their original positions even when I don't use a different key. I can't figure out why but for some reason, the vehicle doesn't retain the profile attached to the key.

Back