Restraint System - Consult nearest Service Center

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanisLupus

Restraint System - Fault in airbag , belt tensioner or belt-force limiter . Continue wearing safety belt . Consult nearest service center .

I got this alert right at start-up . Just a thought that it might have had something to do with the pulling of the seatbelt to fasten it in place .

Perhaps this is not particular to our i3 s .

I have an appointment for Friday afternoon and will report the results as I find out .

RESULTS - Without quoting the entire report , the main point is that the resistance in part of the wiring harness for the REME/SME Harness Crash+ Lines was above tolerance . Post testing , this is now remaining within limits . Connectors were also inspected for corrosion etc. . The suspect harness replacement has been ordered and will be installed upon arrival . I'm going to guess that the lines deal with crash detection .

The wiring harness , as well as a heatshield that must be replaced along with it , have been replaced . The warning message etc. are no longer .

Back