sipabit

LED light door handles not working nor blue interior lights.

Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:22 pm

I keep hearing that people's i3's have interior lights that are blue and light up door handles, but I've never seen that on mine. What am I missing? I have a 2016 with Deka World and Parking Assist Package.

The door handles physically do have LED lights as I can see them on there underneath but I've never seen them turn on. Can anyone please help?
A fanatic of all things electric. Ridables like electric ice chests and stand up scooters I adore. Drones like DJI, I root for. I'm a fan of both, but nothing beats my love for my 2016 i3 Rex with Deka World. Shhh, don't tell my wife.

i3Alan

Re: LED light door handles not working nor blue interior lights.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:38 pm

sipabit wrote:I keep hearing that people's i3's have interior lights that are blue and light up door handles, but I've never seen that on mine. What am I missing? I have a 2016 with Deka World and Parking Assist Package.

The door handles physically do have LED lights as I can see them on there underneath but I've never seen them turn on. Can anyone please help?
Unlock your i3 with the unlock button on your key fob to see the blue! I think it is stupid that they won't come on when using the door handle comfort access to unlock the door, but hey, it's a BMW and they do it the BMW way!

jadnashuanh

Re: LED light door handles not working nor blue interior lights.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Some things are version specific...not sure the Deka world enables them. What does the owner's manual say?
Jim DeBruycker
2014 i3 BEV, 2021 X5 45e
(The i3 will be sold soon, <17K-miles, interested?)

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”