USB Audio - Clipping

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeweytheroux

Hi there, new poster so bear with me!

I've recently purchased the first generation i3 and love it however I'm having issues with my iPod (plugged in via USB)

I listen to a lot of rock and metal music so naturally this is loud however the audio is crackling and clipping quite badly at higher volumes?

Has anyone else had issues like this with the audio quality?

Can you give more details as to the model of iPod and the root level of audio file that is being played . That is to say , although a file might be .wav or another lossless type , it could have been derived from a lower level source code .

Does your i3 have the basic 4 speaker Audio system or the Harmon Kardan? I listen to rock and other music at pretty high volumes and it is simply a treat on the HK system.

The only time I noticed Clipping/distortion in the i3 HK sound system was with Spotify, I had some equaliser option set and it was emphasising the baas far too much and turning it off fixed it.

You could check if there are some equaliser or Audio volume boost settings enabled and disable them.

Back