Wanted: Trade Dark Oak for Eucalyptus

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bornelectric2018

Is anyone interested in trading their eucalyptus wood dash trim for dark oak? I just bought a 2019 i3s with Giga World interior and it has dark oak wood trim. It's in perfect condition, but I prefer the look of eucalyptus wood trim with the Giga World/Lodge interior design.

Hi! I just got a used i3 REX Tera World (With the Eucalyptus trim) and have been thinking Dark Oak wood look better with my brown leather seats :) I'm up in the Bay Area.

bornelectric2018 said:
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone else is interested...
I much prefer the pre-2018 Giga World (Lodge) interior because of its overall lighter color including the light eucalyptus trim as opposed to the dark oak trim. When I bought our 2019 Giga, I seriously considered swapping interiors with our 2014 Giga because the 2019 Giga is so much darker. However, our 2014 didn't have heated seats whereas our 2019 does, so that made the swap much more difficult.

I considered swapping just the wood trim, but the light eucalyptus trim just doesn't look as good in the darker 2018 and later Giga interior as the darker oak trim, so I decided not to swap.

Have you explored shipping cost? I am in Charlotte area and have the lighter wood, but would be interested in the dark.
Hi, sorry I'm late responding - I didn't get an email notifying me of a response to the thread.

I haven't explored shipping cost, but I don't imagine it would be prohibitively expensive. I"m still interested in a trade if you're amenable. There's a YouTube video of someone who swapped his Deka silver dash pieces for dark oak, and it's a pretty comprehensive tutorial in how to remove the dash pieces without damaging them.

I'll send you a direct message with my contact info.

Back