Vanity plate?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vger105

Does anybody have a vanity plate on their i3?
I just ordered one:. LEKTRK. LEKTRIK was taken

20190609203502-a9002c48.jpg

jlangham said:
That is outstanding! :lol: :lol:

It is a play on the license plate that's been on my race car for 20 years now. Everyone says that the factory color looks like clear-coated primer:

20181111133456-064fde13.jpg

My i3 is the first vehicle I've owned in a long time where the license plate frames weren't under sponsorship of some sort, so as you can see I'm having fun with those as well.....

I love your TT. I had a 2001 225 TT convertible and I loved it. I could have kept it forever but our first son came along and the TT didn't fit into that part of my life. But I sure did love that car.

It is an original 2000 180 Quattro from the first imported batch, complete with no stability control, spoiler, and the dangerous suspension that killed that European rally driver on the Autobahn and caused them to globally recall every single 2000 model car (except one!) for dumbing-down the suspension, adding the rear spoiler, and retrofitting stability control. Since none of these things make it better for competition, it somehow :lol: missed the recalls.

I have owned it for 20 years this week (103K miles on the clock), and it sits in my enclosed race car hauler most of the time these days.....

Doug DeMuro, on YouTube, does a nice review of the TT. Do s YouYube search under "Doug DeMuro Audi TT". The one he reviews is like the one I had only mine was green.
Yours is, apparently, getting the rest it deserves.

It has only done about 3,000 miles total in the past 6 years, and lives in the enclosed race car hauler nice and dry.

Five more years until it meets historic registration status in NY State, which is making me feel real old right now since I bought it new 2/2000.....

Back