Front license plate bracket

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vger105

My pre-owned i3 didn't come with a front license plate bracket. Has anyone installed one of these on their car?

Oh, hi!

Mine came with one. They drilled right into the front bumpber in the 'center middle' plastic part. I have 4 holes in my bumper. :(

You can see the 4 holes here:
SjTSzyx.jpg

If you don't have a bracket, I can send you the one that came on my car. :D

vger105 said:
Thank you Derek but my car came with one. It's in the frunk waiting to be put on.

Personally, that should be part of the vehicle setup prior to delivery. If you aren't required a front license plate, they should ask you if you want it installed.

Here in Cali, when I purchased mine on the 7th of January this year, I told my salesperson to take it off. He responded that it is now mandatory for it to be attached when taking delivery off the lot.

I bought my 2014 four+ years after it was new and it came with the plastic license plate bracket though it wasn't installed. I had the plastic bracket but no screws (or so I thought) in the frunk. I took it to the local BMW dealer to see about getting the screws to install it on the bumper. They (of course) couldn't find a part# listed in their system for that and eventually sent a kid out to look at my car and he ended up grabbing some screws from behind a counter and installing the bracket in 5 minutes (after I pointed out he needed to flip it right-side-up).

Ironically, I later found there was a packet of screws in the "tire repair" kit styrofoam in the frunk, and after that my state changed their law and front-license plates will no longer be required.

Back