Small red light on climate dash

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinnie

Can anyone tell me what the small light (that is sometimes red) is for on the climate dash next to where the Eco Pro lights up?

That thing has been puzzling me in the 3 weeks since I bought the car. It has never lit up in my used 2018. Since it is next to the EcoPro lettering, I thought it might have some relationship to that. If it is an ambient light sensor, I may be able to get some response by covering it or shining a light on it.

I stopped at my local BMW dealer and was told by the service dept. that the light is a sensor that measures the inside cabin temp. When it is red it is doing a reading. Nothing that we can do to make it go on or off.

the light is a sensor that measures the inside cabin temp. When it is red it is doing a reading. Nothing that we can do to make it go on or off.

ditto this - inside cabin temp sensor - uses infrared technology that is not affected even by sunlight shining on it.

Back