Screen upgrade - Bimmercode question

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahJMA

Hi. So I have recently bought a 2017 i3 with the small 6.6 inch screen. I have beeing follwing the steps to updated the screen to the bigger 10.25 inch one from https://electric.guide/electric-cars/bmw-i3-nav-screen-upgrade-diy/. I have looked at lots of forums and many people have done this successfully.

However, I have the new one installed, coded the settings using bimmercode for display size variant (10.25_1280x480) and display variante (breites_display) and though the screen is coming on, I have a resolution issue. Tried all the preset options to see if it helps, and it does not. Bascially only 3/4 of the screen is being used and the the top and bottom and edges are not in the going off screen.

Any suggestions?

I’m so curious if you ever found a solution for this. I am buying a 2017 BMW i3 today with a small screen and I have found a larger screen to purchase. I’m doing it myself and I’m a nervous wreck! Did you find a solution and correct your problem?

Back