E-Drive Badge Touch Up Paint:

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geodude

Hi All,

The e-drive badge on the back of my i3 is starting to chip and flake. Anybody know where or if there is any aftermarket touch paint available :?:

That seems pretty common. When it happens to our 2014 i3, I might just remove the badge. I've considered removing all but the BMW logo for a cleaner look.

Timjohn said:
2020 didn't come with that silly badge...maybe you'll have to buy a new model.

I think 2018...BMW stopped the edrive/e badge. I am pretty sure 2014-2017 models have the e on the rear. I say just take it off :)

Testors model enamel and applied it with a small brush, all from your local hobby shop, should do the job.

I have a 2014 and my badge is also peeling. I called the dealer to see how much a replacement was and it's not cheap, more than $100 if I remember correctly.

Doing a touch-up with model paint is my eventual plan, too.

I like the badge and it's a bit disappointing to hear that they stopped putting them on the newer cars.

Hi All, Thanks for the feedback. I actually like the badge EDrive badge, so I'm going to fix the flaking with some touch up paint as some of you mentioned. :mrgreen:

Mine started flaking a year ago.

I simply scraped off all the remaining black paint, for a more subtle, but longer lasting finish...

Chris

I just took a paint pen, pushed the tip into a small plastic cup to create a small pool of paint, then dabbed it on with a touch up paint applicator from Griotts Garage (small plastic sticks with a little sponge upon the tip). Have a paper towel handy to wipe off paint that gets on the raised letters. Before applying new paint, I used a “Nik-sand” tool (a bundle of fiberglas fibers) to flake off remaining loose paint and rough up the paint that didn’t come off.

Back