HELP! iPhone lost between Dashboard and Windshield

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallenbmw

The most surreal thing happened today.

When I hit the brake, my iPhone that was laying under the info screen skid up towards the windshield and disappeared between dashboard and windshield! I feel it with my finger tips but it is firmly stuck. This must be wrongly designed by BMW for this to happen!? Any ideas of how to get it out? Any ideas how how much it would be to remove the dashboard?

I have a 1 year old i3s. I noted at the local BW dealer that the new i3, have and expanding plastic preventing this to happen, I guess I am not the only one.

Best,
JK

Maybe try using some needle nose pliers with tape wrapping the jaws to protect the surface of your phone? They make little grabber devices as well. Not sure what they are called.

If you can feel it - a flat stick thin like the phone, and wide, and some rubber cement might work. liberal cement on the stick, push it onto the phone, let it dry completely, and try pulling it out.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-x-4-in-x-2-ft-Kiln-Dried-Poplar-S4S-Solid-Board-27420/311291913

Hope you've managed to get your phone back. If not, a cooking spatchula might work. Use Gorilla tape on it, double sided. That's strong and won't damage the iPhone or the car.

Back