fallenbmw

HELP! iPhone lost between Dashboard and Windshield

Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:28 am

The most surreal thing happened today.

When I hit the brake, my iPhone that was laying under the info screen skid up towards the windshield and disappeared between dashboard and windshield! I feel it with my finger tips but it is firmly stuck. This must be wrongly designed by BMW for this to happen!? Any ideas of how to get it out? Any ideas how how much it would be to remove the dashboard?

I have a 1 year old i3s. I noted at the local BW dealer that the new i3, have and expanding plastic preventing this to happen, I guess I am not the only one.

Best,
JK

JohnKelly

Re: HELP! iPhone lost between Dashboard and Windshield

Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:38 am

Maybe try using some needle nose pliers with tape wrapping the jaws to protect the surface of your phone? They make little grabber devices as well. Not sure what they are called.
2015 REX / Participating on plugshare w/level 2 Clipper Creek 32 amp, Moclips, Washington coast

MKH
Gold Member

Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 am

If you can feel it - a flat stick thin like the phone, and wide, and some rubber cement might work. liberal cement on the stick, push it onto the phone, let it dry completely, and try pulling it out.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-4-in-x-4- ... /311291913
Mark H.
2015 i3 Rex, Capparis White, Tera World, Technology & Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant, Harman Kardon Audio System, 19 inch 427 wheels, EVoInnovate EVSE

spartacus68

Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:49 pm

Hope you've managed to get your phone back. If not, a cooking spatchula might work. Use Gorilla tape on it, double sided. That's strong and won't damage the iPhone or the car.
2015 i3 REx, 60ah, solar orange. Reversing camera, leather interior, sunroof, park assist, professional navigation.

Return to “News and Main BMW i3 Forum Discussions”