Help 10.25 screen problem with install

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blamblam

I have a 2017 that has the small screen. I went to install a new one with slight damage in the form of a small crack on the edge. I unplugged my old, and plugged in the new. It was dead. I am returning it, but now my original won’t work either. I checked all applicable fuses. I checked the pins on the connector. I am at a loss. Would a negative terminal to the battery help to reset? Thanks in advance for all help.

I fixed it. A couple of bits of advice if one is to do the aforementioned: the fulcrum lever on the main harness to the nbt is real sensitive, and if not lined up just right, will make a faulty connection, put the CarPlay adapter in below the glove compartment; toggle between CarPlay and your original screen by holding down the idrive button, and from the original put the preset on AUX not Bluetooth; don’t put your rear seat on top of your car while you work, only to drive off without knowing it and finding it 45 min later when you remember fully intact on the side of the road. Whew. I think I need to hire this kind of stuff out in the future. I’d say this was a 5/10 difficulty.

Cheers,

Matt

Back