MyBMW app: Can't add vehicle

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiiith

Using a 2020 iphone SE, I installed the MyBMW app (have have a BMW connected app that had worked fine with the old app). I am able to log in. It then asks me to add a vehicle. When I enter the VIN, I get a message that this vehicle already exists. That makes sense because I added the vehicle to my BMW connected account long ago. But the new app does not seem to think I have a vehicle registered. Anyone run into this issue?

I have an old 2016 iPhone SE but don't recall exactly what happened when I installed the My BMW app. I recall that after I logged on to the app using my ConnectedServices login credentials, the app asked me to create a PIN. I then set the app to use Touch ID to log on so that I don't have to enter my PIN.

Using the ConnectedServices login credentials, the app should recognize that your i3 has already been registered. Sometimes, apps need to be given another chance to download information about the person logged in. Maybe try logging out of the app and then logging back in by going to Profile -> Settings -> BMW ID and then clicking the "Log Out" button.

Good luck!

Thanks Art. I tried that but still no luck. I have a 2020 SE iPhone. Not sure why it doesn’t work for me. I get notifications so it is connected to my account somehow. Just won’t show my vehicle or let me add it. But I get notifications when it is fully charged for example.

Solved this by going online to connecteddrive and removing my car, then adding it back. Then the mybmw app detected my vehicle.

My BMW App stopped working in 2022 & I am unable to reconnect after the app update at that time. BMW told me that, because my car was from the UK (I bought it new there in 2016) & is now located in NZ where I live, BMW no longer supports the app functioning anywhere other than the country where the car was first purchased.
Is this right? If so, what is going on with BMW?
I wonder if there is a workaround for this annoying issue.
Jerry.

Back