crush washer size for oil change

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TahoeGal

I've watched videos on oil change for the REx and it looks easy enough. I ordered oil, wrench, filter, and even a new skinny funnel but I can't find specs on what size crush washer is needed. I don't want to take my chances on finding a replacement based on what comes off with the drain plug. I searched far and wide online to no avail. Don't want to buy an entire repair manual just to find out as this may be the only maintenance on the car I ever do myself.

Anyone know what size crush washer the oil drain plug needs? If so, a source for buying them?

M16 (16x20)
BMW part # 07-11-9-963-252 (often labeled 'Gasket Ring')

https://www.amazon.com/Drain-Gaskets-Washers-Motorcycle-Replacement/dp/B07JQDXPMM

Thank you, Mark H! I'd feel a little better if the i3 were actually listed as one of the vehicles it fits, but if I'm going to trust someone's answer online, it'd be from this forum. It does make sense that the listing of vehicles it fits contains a bunch of motorcycles because I know the filter is also a motorcycle filter. I'm nearly ready to launch into the next step of changing oil!

Back