BMW i3 High Voltage Connector Error

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paco

Hi there,
my 2014 i rex suddenly showed the following behaviour:
After pressing the start botton the i3 usually starts to switch on the High Voltage system and one can hear a "click" which is originating from beneath the car (from the switch contactor).
Suddenly in the morning the i3 now tries 3 times to connect the HV system which results in 3 times click (few seconds interval) and then displays the following error "Antrieb. Vorsichtig anhalten" ( translated something like "drivetrain. stop carefully"). The car can't be moved.

I have connected the ista Software (from the internet) which gets me the detailed error:
error code: 21F0D5
error message:
The diagnosis monitors the switch contactors and the safety fuse in the safety box.
The fault is detected if the switch contactor (positive terminal or preloading) will not close or the safety fuse in the safety box has been activated.

Further options of the ista program advice to replace the "safety box"

Did anybody here had such an error and could this be fixed in the garage (what price and time) .
Did anybody replace the safety box on his own ?

Thank you, Franz

Hi Paco, I know it has been a while since you posted this. I was wondering if you came to the bottom of the problem?

I think I am in a similar situation. Same fault code and I have come to the same conclusion. I havent taken the safety box out yet. I am hesitating due to some special tools needed to complete ghe repair.

Back