Sale - How to do complete reset

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVMan

Hi All,

I am selling the car to the online dealer carwana . who will sell it again
What and how do clean and do the car reset and also make life easy for the new buyer

I can recall:

1) I specifically need to reset set the garage door opener.
2) How to tell BMW , do i need to ?
3)how to remove parking history etc,
i will remove phone pairing, navigation fav etc
what else ?

I had A TON of trouble with this but here's how:

Go into Settings, then Profiles.

Use the controller to slide right, and there's a "hidden menu" that lets you rename profiles.

Scroll to the bottom of that screen (it's off the screen, at the bottom of the list) and you'll see Delete all Data.

Now for whatever reason, I was having issues getting to this menu, then getting repeated errors trying to activate this Reset.

Out of frustration I finally closed, locked, and restarted the car and everything worked as it should. Maybe it needs to be in a drive-ready state to activate? Not sure.

Anyhow, that's it, it'll give you the expected warnings, and I recall it took a few minutes to wipe everything.

The car will remain active in your My BMW app, but the reset procedure will clear the "share GPS location,"so you'll lose that immediately, but the door lock status and show state of charge will continue to work until you delete the vehicle from your app.

Oh, Homelink! Hold down the left button and right button simultaneously for about 10 seconds.

Back