1.5 y struggling with drivetrain error

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cemelli

Hi,

1.5 year ago while driving I get the drivetrain error and couldn't move the car anymore...

Since it was under warranty (just 4 years old) i took the car to BMW service hoping all will be sorted out thru the warranty, after diagnostic was done BMW service came back with 3 quotations for repairs as follows
1. safety box which was with labour around - 1000$
2. Safety box + motor and bunch other things - 8000$
3. All mentioned before + battery - 28000$
Of course, BMW didn't want to cover this with a warranty...and to me, it looks very unprofessionally to get 3 quotations where it is the proof that they don't know what is actually with the car...
after all my appeals were rejected i took it as it is and move fwd and tried to repair car by myself...
First what I have done was change the safety box which I have found on eBay for 200$ but was unsuccessful since fuse inside get off when trying to start the car again...ok lesson learned... again I bought a safety box but this time we checked the battery before trying and all found ok..but again when we connect battery to the system and again same... seems like there is some issue further in the system, now is it drivetrain or something else dont know...only know that I am stuck for more than 1.5 year...
Now I do need your advice because nowhere on forum I have come across of a similar issue or I have missed it...
FYI in car all works means charging, infotainment etc... but it doesn't move :(
Please helpppppp

Back