Motorway commute experience?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki3

hi all, looking at 94ah rex as next company car coming from a 5 series msport auto diesel. Will hopefully save me cash in company car tax and fuel but need to check re my commute and real world range.
I have a 75 mile commute, 65 mile motorway, 5 mile on either end local A roads in the uk around 40-50 mph. Need to understand how the 94ah rex will stand up - can i realistically get whole trip done on electric only (no charging available at work)?

the short answer is no you will have to use the rex some of the time and more so in winter if i were doing that trip i would use electric to 75% turn on the rex for 15 miles then back to electric and the same on the return until you get a feel for the range it will vary a lot with speed and temperature....

i am assuming 75 miles each way??? if not the yes you should do it easily....

At a 75-mile round-trip, you should be able to do pretty much what you want, winter or summer, on the 94AHr battery version. You don't 'need' the REx at all, but it can be handy, if you need or want to go further with it.

I'm doing 45 miles total commute. The only reason I would consider Rex would be if I'm going to do additional miles in work and then get home with zero electric range left with no time to charge for next journey.

Back