Posting Images howto

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I33t

I've seen a few posters say they have trouble posting images and wrote a little howto on one of the threads. Think it would be a good idea to repeat it here for anyone who has not done it before. Might be worth making this post a sticky or putting it into a 'site matters' subforum...

If you have a digital photo to post, go here:

http://www.postimage.org

You should see this:

postimage.png

Click the "Browse..." button and select the photo on your computer.

If the photo is original size (probably too large to display here) then select the resize menu and choose "1024 x 768 (17 inch monitor)" otherwise, if it is reasonable size around 800-1000 pixels, select "Do not Resize"

Click "Family Safe"

Click "Upload"

Postimage will process your file and then show you this screen:

postimage2.jpg

Probably the easiest way of linking the image is to use the link I have marked "3"

Just click the "copy to clipboard" button and paste it into the forum edit window. When the forum post is posted, it will look like this:

And, when someone clicks on the image they will see the full size version you selected.

In this post, I have used the link marked "2" above. This displays the image in the post at the full resolution.
To use that option in the forum you need to copy the link and in the forum edit window click the Img button and paste the link in between the Img tags like this:

phpbbimage.jpg

Hope that helps!

done , i think.

my image shows the result . Notice the centre brick pill has been demolished.

BC

bscurtis said:
done , i think.

my image shows the result . Notice the centre brick pill has been demolished.

BC

Hey BC,

Where is the image?

This is the postimage howto thread BTW, not your thread. Maybe post it there:

http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3053&start=40

If you have the image on postimage but are having problems, feel free to PM me and I will lend a hand.

This is great advice which is very much appreciated but I can't help expressing my frustration at the inadequacy of this web site, to not be able to attach a simple image. I belong to many forums and this is a first. Such a popular forum which addresses issues with the i3 should really have this facility, the benefits to owners would be advantageous.

BoMW said:
This is great advice which is very much appreciated but I can't help expressing my frustration at the inadequacy of this web site, to not be able to attach a simple image. I belong to many forums and this is a first. Such a popular forum which addresses issues with the i3 should really have this facility, the benefits to owners would be advantageous.
Hosting photos would increase the forum server's storage and processing requirements and the forum's Internet bandwidth requirements, all of which cost money. I have suggested to the forum owner that he implement paid premium memberships to generator more income which might allow him to host photos.

alohart said:
BoMW said:
Hosting photos would increase the forum server's storage and processing requirements and the forum's Internet bandwidth requirements, all of which cost money. I have suggested to the forum owner that he implement paid premium memberships to generator more income which might allow him to host photos.

Well if advertising cannot finance this feature then membership should be considered, other forums have it.

Back