BMW ChargeNow DC Fast US expansion

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomMoloughney

BMW's ChargeNow EVgo program is now expanded to include the entire national network of EVgo DC Fast charge stations. There's currently 668 DC Fast stations available, and that total will be over 700 very soon as BMW & Nissan are teaming up to add another 50.

Details and links to the ChargeNow website can be found at the link below;

http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2017/01/bmw-continues-to-make-news-with-regards.html

There is not a single DC charging station on I5 between Sacramento and Los Angeles, forcing us to take the byways of US101 or CA99. When?

Well over 90% of my charges come from my own EVSE. Even L2 chargers are few in far between on the East Coast, and I can count DC EvGo with one hand. There are some chargers from other networks, but they charge 2- 3 times more than my home costs, even more expensive and less convenient than gas. I used to bring my L1 charger to work, but they now forbid it "for safety reasons".
I doubt I'll have an electric car for trips longer than commute any time soon.

gt1 said:
Well over 90% of my charges come from my own EVSE. Even L2 chargers are few in far between on the East Coast, and I can count DC EvGo with one hand. There are some chargers from other networks, but they charge 2- 3 times more than my home costs, even more expensive and less convenient than gas. I used to bring my L1 charger to work, but they now forbid it "for safety reasons".
I doubt I'll have an electric car for trips longer than commute any time soon.

There's more of them than you think - or you have an unusual amount of fingers! The image below are the EVgo DC Fast charge stations in the DC area, and north up towards the Boston area. Yes, DC Fast charging is going to cost more than charging at home, it's a convenience. However most i3 owners will qualify for this free unlimited 2 year charging that this program offers. Or, if they don't, they can get the $99/year unlimited access pass.

JimokcK.png

Back