04 Init BC, range item in the hidden menu

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oleksiy

I accidentally entered it and, it appears, had something reinitialized, an empty battery icon was flashed momentarily. It also had my trip and averages data reset on the instrument cluster, seemingly no other damage otherwise. Anyone has any idea what it does and what BC stands for? Battery controller? Board computer?

This thing pushed my Batt.Kapa to 18.3, so I'd be doing it more often if it helps :)

I believe that "BC" is an abbreviation for "(dash)Board Computer", the computer that displays various data on the main LCD. These data are cycled through when the button at the end of the turn signal stalk is pressed.

Because this seems to have changed your Batt. Kapa. max value, Batt. Kapa. max must be dependent on data available to the BC which were initialized to default values. If so, Batt. Kapa. max would likely drift back to near its previous values as you drive and charge your battery pack. Please let us know whether this happens.

Thanks, it's a Board Computer then. I wonder why there's a sub-menu in the hidden menu to reset it. I did the same by long pressing the stalk button before, although no empty battery icon flashing at the time.

I'll report on the evolution of the Batt.Kapa, and will reset the BC in a month once again to check whether it has any influence on Batt.Kapa again. I'm of opinion that it was just a fluke this time.

thanks for the explanation of init BC. This is exactly what i was looking for and it appears to have done exactly what i needed!

Did you track / observe any changes over time?

hello, i´m trying to press the 04-init,bc range in my i3 rex 2015 with 14.7 batt kappa. When i "init bc, range" in the screen i see a yellow battery icon during 2 seconds approx.
when i look again max batt kappa, still in 14.7 soh. When i try this, the soc were about 50%.
How do you perform the init range to get 18.7 soh?.
Many thanks in advance.

Back