15 SSC Combo Rapid Chargers live THIS WEEK (UK)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That must be good news providing the density means it’s the start of a serious network not just a pilot scheme. However, it does seem a little odd to locate so many between two cities that are only 85 miles apart.

Also, let’s hope they aren’t all at places like supermarkets, as most of the existing thin Chargemaster network in my area seems to be at places like Asda. I’ve always thought it odd that BMW has chosen to partner with an outfit that installs so many of its EVSE’s at places that will be visited from home and are well within most people’s return range rather than adjacent to long distance routes, which is where rapid chargers are really necessary.

Ecotricity seem to be the only people who 'get it' with th charging network, fast chargers at motorway service stations! Not hard is it?

Although they are al Chademo at moment, CCS are still to appear although promised.

There are only 11 rapid cargers (CCS EU) in Sweden. Total. Three are in Stockholm and for a BEV the next out of reach (20 km).

I fear that one reason could be that EU politicians could not resist making demands on charging stations. Above all, they require electric customers should have a choice ot supplier at the charging station. Come on – it’s about 3 EUR for a full battery. It should be included in the parking fee

More on the subject
Lack of rapid chargers slows down car sales

Back