Source London / Pod Point

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Styner

Hi All

I have an I3 Rex and I regularly park in underground car parks in central London, with the intention of charting at the same time.

Does anyone have experience/ frustration of using Source London charge points in car parks located in Central London. They don't work.

I'm told Source London administer the charging points, Pod Point supply,fit and maintain these charging points. Source London say the issue is with pod point. Pod point tell me as the chargers are located underground they are failing to communicate or be communicated with (much like using a mobile phone in an underground car park). They need an outside aerial connected to the charging points. This problem should have been resolved and an aerial should've been fitted when they were first installed, in 2011.

Nobody seems interested in getting these working.

Does anyone know who paid for these points - TFL? Corporation of London?
I'm guessing they are not cheap to install and Source London is being paid to administer them? So whoever has paid for these had wasted their/our money!

I want to get these working, as they should.

Does anyone have any ideas who to approach?

LCVPP possibly.

https://www.sourcelondon.net/transport-london

At Transport for London (TfL) we currently have nine electric vehicles in our support fleet, which are a mix of the electric Mitsubishi i-MiEVs and the plug in hybrid Toyota Prius. These are funded by the Government's Low Carbon Vehicle Procurement Programme (LCVPP) and are the first step to incorporating electric vehicles into our fleet.

Hi

We are installers for Pod-Point and I have fed this back to them, they have acknowledged my email and have promised to let me know what the situation is with the units.

I will post any response I get from them.

Thanks

Anyone following What Car's John McIlroy on twitter will have seen that he had a load of problems with these charge points yesterday. The majority of charge points were broken and when he found one that worked his charge lead got jammed and he had to call an engineer out to unlock it.

Hi All

Thanks for your replies.

It appears that Pod Point have now been able to "Cycle" these charging points which will enable them to work, albeit temporarily - until the post needs a communication and realises it hasn't got any comms and turns off. MAY get a months usage, may get a day! Until the aerial gets fitted to enable the posts to communicate they will not be fixed and nobody knows when this will be - Pod Point or Source London or TFL.

Tommo - perhaps you can help with this - I am unable to get the 7KW door open to charge? I have tried swiping the card in all directions, holding the card on the post for a short time (1 second) a long time (upto 20 seconds) and any other possibility but the 7kw door doesn't open - The 3kw door flips open every time. Am I missing something?

BTW with the exception of the charging headache I am enjoying the car!

Thanks

If these are the black posts with the sloping top you should see in the display arrows pointing first to the 3kW side then to the 7kW side. Taking the card away at that time should open the 7kW door I think.

Hi

Further to my original post it has now become apparent that the 7Kw side of the previously mentioned charging posts are not working.

More frustrations…..

With my charging frustrations aside I am still enjoying the car.

Back