websterize

Remarkable end-of-lease buyout offers from BMWFS

Wed May 06, 2020 10:01 am

As 2017+ lease contracts near maturity dates, I'm reading reports of fantastic offers from BMWFS to lessees. For lessees 90 days out or less from the end of your contract, what kind of buyout incentives is BMWFS throwing at you?

An i3 lessee from Los Angeles reported on the Facebook user group that he received a buyout price of nearly $10,000 below the residual value for his heavily optioned, 2017 BEV. The selling price was a little more than $50K. The contracted residual value was almost $30K, and he's buying it from BMWFS for nearly $20K (Apparently, because his dealership isn't involved in the deal, the car will not have a Certified Pre-Owned warranty). He said he's taking them up on the offer.

The 24-month lease on my heavily option 2018 Sport matures in October, and the buyout price is still showing at the contracted residual price of $34,206 on the BMWFS site.

MKH
Gold Member

Re: Remarkable end-of-lease buyout offers from BMWFS

Wed May 06, 2020 10:27 am

Definitely contact BMW NA Finance if you are approaching end of lease. In the past BMW had an easy time of disposing of lease returns to the secondary market through auctions. Big outfits like Carvana were getting most of their cars through these auctions. Now, with the glut of unsold cars on the market, no-one is buying at the auctions, so a perfect time to buy your leased vehicle at a big discount from BMW, when the alternative for BMW is to sit on a huge inventory of unsold used cars..
Mark H.
2015 i3 Rex, Capparis White, Tera World, Technology & Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant, Harman Kardon Audio System, 19 inch 427 wheels, EVoInnovate EVSE

symonray

Wed May 06, 2020 1:47 pm

I can affirm this. Last weekend, I purchased from a BMW dealer an end of lease CPO fully loaded 2017 i3 Rex with 22,000 miles for under $20k. Also, BMWFS was offering very attractive financing rates up to 72 months.
Timothy Simonds
2017 BMW i3 Rex

websterize

Mon May 11, 2020 7:14 am

I contacted BMWFS about the buyout price of my 2018 i3 S lease, which matures in October. A representative said that, currently, any lease-end purchase promotions are applied within the final four months of a lease.

skeptic

Mon May 11, 2020 8:56 am

Prices are dropping like a rock. BMW doesn't want to get stuck with a bunch of cars they can't sell and are depreciating fast. I could have saved thousands if I'd only waited a month, and who knows how much more they will continue to drop.

RoadJager

Sat May 16, 2020 7:21 am

When we checked with BMWFS about purchasing our I3 last week they quoted a $10k customer incentive to buy it. We checked 2 months ago when it came off lease and the residual was too much versus market value, so we decided to order and purchase, not lease a new I3s. We were given a July production slot. Then the pandemic hit. We revisited when we would potentially receive the I3s and it looked like Nov-Dec at best. That is when we saw postings on this forum. Now the 2017 buy-out is less than $20k. We have the paper work and will send in the money. Our car has 12,600 miles on it. We are happy that this worked out this way as 2-3 months ago it is the deal we were looking for. "WATTSON" will be ours next week.

Road Jager
Road Jager
"Living On Tulsa Time"
2009 BMW X5d, 1972 BMW 3.0CS, 1972 BMW 2002 Tii, 2006 Mini Cooper S,
2012 Mercedes Sprinter, 2017 I3 BEV

websterize

Sun May 17, 2020 7:07 am

RoadJager wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:21 am
When we checked with BMWFS about purchasing our I3 last week they quoted a $10k customer incentive to buy it. We checked 2 months ago when it came off lease and the residual was too much versus market value, so we decided to order and purchase, not lease a new I3s. We were given a July production slot. Then the pandemic hit. We revisited when we would potentially receive the I3s and it looked like Nov-Dec at best. That is when we saw postings on this forum. Now the 2017 buy-out is less than $20k. We have the paper work and will send in the money. Our car has 12,600 miles on it. We are happy that this worked out this way as 2-3 months ago it is the deal we were looking for. "WATTSON" will be ours next week.

Road Jager
Outstanding. Four months from lease maturity occurs in early June for me. If the $10,000 buyout incentive is still in effect then, I’ll likely buy it as well.

Return to “Buying the BMW i3”