Best way to find 2019 Rex

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLynn

After leasing the Fiat 500e twice now and selling my 330i I have been researching the best single car options. Not wanting to spend Tesla type money I think the 2019 Rex might be the ticket. Primarily as a local car with the ability to go 200 miles (1 way) on occasion.

I spoke with a couple BMW dealers and there are a few available but they said the prices you see advertised are what you pay. Roughly $35K out the door. My Fiat lease ends in January so no huge rush but wondering if anyone has opinions with purchasing certified dealer, Carvana, private.....
Should I wait a few months as more 2019 should be showing up after lease turn ins or just go for an available one now?
Is there a specific trim I should hold out for?

Thanks for sharing any experience that may help.
Located in SF Bay Area

We are coming off our 2019 REX lease....low miles, excellent condition.

I’ve been back in the market recently so have been in contact with a number of Bay Area dealers. I previously leased 2014 and 2017 BEVs so I have very specific equipment requirements. In the past few days, a couple emailed with news of price reductions. Pure conjecture on my part but maybe the market is loosening up a bit?

I just purchased a 2019 I3s Rex with 13k miles from SF BMW for $35,200 OTD. All black/ black wheels. Looks perfect, like brand new. No sunroof.
They also have a 19 Rex S in gray for $34K before tax /lic. It has a sun roof. They couldn't find it yesterday and assumed it sold but it was getting maintenance/detailed. I am happy with the black and the grey would have been my second choice Not sure my wife and I like the drastic color difference on the hood.. Peter Pan San Mateo has a grey S also I looked at for the same price- no sunroof.

I am super happy with the choice. Both dealers said the S model tends to sell fast and can be difficult to find. Even if that is a bit of a sales pitch was was ready to pull the trigger. I pick it up tomorrow.

Back