Do you have an i3 on order and awaiting delivery?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPCruising

First car I have ever had to wait on for it to be built, I hate waiting. Have a Tera World fully optioned with 19" rims on order. Who else has an i3 they are waiting on?

I share your concern, but my Laurel Tera has been ordered since April 17 and is yet to enter production. I am convinced now that certain regions/dealers are being given priority consideration. I am patiently waiting here in OH and I am happy to see that individual owners are starting to get their cars.

Hmmm. I'm in the UK, and ordered mine - grey, Rex, Loft - mid March (week 11). I was promised delivery week 43 (end of October). I upgraded to Solar Orange late April.
Having seen horror stories in this forum about delivery dates being put back, I asked for an update on my delivery. I'm now told that it will start build in week 32, and should be with me at end of week 37 (end of August). 8 weeks before previous date. Wow!
Maybe BMW is hurrying the Solar Oranges through before we chicken out and change our orders! :lol:

I ordered a Tera Rex fully loaded with every option except 20 inch wheels on April 7th. My car entered production on July 8th, yesterday. Originally I was told it was scheduled for production on week 24 which was the middle of June.

I ordered an Andesite Silver Tera BEV, all options with 20" wheels, on February 7th. It started production June 2nd, finished production on June 12th, and is now on a ship headed for southern California. It is scheduled to arrive at port July 25th, at dealership in Santa Rosa on July 31st. Production #0607184.

Placed deposit in August 2013, order firmed up on Feb 5, 2014 - the day North American dealers got their allocations, build started a couple of weeks ago, and I might get it as early as late August/early September 2014.

A full year, but worth the wait for the most efficient practical personal conveyance vehicle on the planet.

TeraBill said:
I share your concern, but my Laurel Tera has been ordered since April 17 and is yet to enter production. I am convinced now that certain regions/dealers are being given priority consideration. I am patiently waiting here in OH and I am happy to see that individual owners are starting to get their cars.

I rechecked with the dealer again yesterday. Still Week 45 and I don't expect it before Christmas. US orders seem to have priority?

Capparis Giga BEV all options with 19" wheels. Ordered May 12, entered production on June 12, completed June 20, at port on June 23, left port July 4 and is headed for Brunswick, GA due on July 18. Should be at dealer 3 to 10 days after that.

I ordered a fully loaded laural gray Tera BEV in southern california on Jan. 11, placed a deposit on the same day.
Car started production and I obtained production number in April. However, BMW changed the specs of the car.
now it is laural gray Mega BEV with only tech package. Dealer informed me I would have to start over if I wanted the fully loaded car I ordered. I decided to keep the BMW modified car to stay in cue for order.

the car finished production in early June, but was held up for transport to shipping dock.

finally on July 6, car was transported onto cargo ship, Metis Leader. It will arrive at Panama canal on July 21 and Port Hueneme on Aug. 1. Expect car to be at dealer by Aug. 8 for purchase.

it has been a long wait, but it should be worth it.

Some of you guys in America seem to be able to track their cars very accurately throughout the production and delivery process. Have you got a website reference so we humble Brits could do the same, without having to keep pestering the dealer, please?

Still waiting impatiently! Realised a couple of days ago that it was exactly 6 months since my test drive, what's more I still haven't seen an i3 anywhere in the wild. Unfortunately I didn't order until a month after the test drive as I was originally going to wait for the first ex demo cars to come onto the market until I realised that the demo cars were all pre-prod cars, were being swapped back and forth by BMW UK and were in effect part of BMWs extended testing.

FrancisJeffries said:
Some of you guys in America seem to be able to track their cars very accurately throughout the production and delivery process. Have you got a website reference so we humble Brits could do the same, without having to keep pestering the dealer, please?
Once you have your production number, at least on the BMWUSA website, IF you have logged in, you can track your vehicle's progress. I've been told that the status on this is now decent...when I bought my previous car in 2011, it was not being updated anywhere near at a decent rate. I'd guess there's probably something equivalent on the BMWUK site.

jadnashuanh said:
FrancisJeffries said:
Once you have your production number, at least on the BMWUSA website, IF you have logged in, you can track your vehicle's progress. I've been told that the status on this is now decent...when I bought my previous car in 2011, it was not being updated anywhere near at a decent rate. I'd guess there's probably something equivalent on the BMWUK site.

All you do is go to BMW home page and click on MY BMW on the website, create an account and then enter your production number.

Welcome back to My BMW, your personalized area within bmwusa.com.
As a member, you can:

View and download driver’s guides for your model
Access suggested maintenance schedules
Track a new BMW from the factory to your driveway
Edit your personal profile, including your preferred BMW sales and service centers
Contact BMW via priority email communications
Save configurations and content, including images and video

This is from the my bmw page where you log in and set up your account. Hope this helps.

I ordered my BMW i3 Tera Rex Solar Orange(loaded all options w/19 inch wheels) on April 7th, it took a month to get a production number, and then on July 8th my BMW showed it entered production. I called the dealer and they only found out the same day so the web site was spot on.

jadnashuanh said:
FrancisJeffries said:

FYI, there are 1,700 i3's on the MV Carmen on their way to California for the Western US market, mine is one of them.

I track it here:
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=SMGW

It's not an america thing, you just have to be foolish enough to waste time figuring it out. Just Google 'track BMW' and there is plenty of info.

I have a Solar Orange i3 REx that is currently aboard the WW TORRENS.

Timeline:
- 08/17/2013 Speak to local dealer about i3
- 01/31/2014 Place order for REx with local dealer
- 03/03/2014 Original date for my REx to be built in Leipzig
- 05/21/2014 Actual date that my REx begins production
- 05/30/2014 REx ends production
- 06/02/2014 REx gets quality control check
- 06/23/2014 REx arrives in Bremerhaven to board vessel
- 07/09/2014 REx boards WW vessel TORRENS headed for New York, USA
- 07/23/2014 ETA for vessel to arrive in New York

sasman said:
Can we track our i3 here in the UK?

I had a discussion with my dealer about the North American tracking website. Unfortunately, its unique to North America and theres nothing like that customer facing in Europe.

So your stuck with updates from the dealer, that said I have had an update each month since I ordered, so I can't really grumble either way.

Back