2019 i3S BEV / REX range at full charge.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauls

I currently have a 2017 i3 BEV. My lease is coming to and end so I'm looking at an i3S BEV.

My 2017 i3 will show 145 miles or so at 100% charge.

I test drove a 2019 i3S REX the other day. It wasn't fully charged, maybe 7/8 full. It only showed 92 miles range on the battery.
That doesn't seem right. I thought I would be seeing more miles on the guess-o-meter since it has a 120Ah battery.

For all you 2019 i3S drivers, how much does it show when fully charged? Do you have a BEV or a REX?

Thanks

Unless you were the driver for at least the last 20-miles or so, the estimated range can be off by quite a bit. The estimate is based on the last 18-20 miles of driving. If you were enjoying the power, or the last person was, the expected range will reflect that. Also, temperature can make a sometimes significant difference, but depending on where you are, this time of the year most places, it's warm enough to not be a major factor.

this time of the year most places, it's warm enough to not be a major factor.

Unless the previous test-driver (and/or you) had the AC cranked up. That alone will knock a chunk of miles off the guess-o-meter range. And as Jim posted, the guess-o-meter is a reflection of the previous 20 or so miles. If it was being "driven like they stole it" with a good bit of highway, at 75 miles an hour, that impacts the range shown..

I took delivery of my 2019 i3s REx a little over two months ago. On a full charge, I'm seeing at least 150 miles of range on Comfort, and even more on Eco Pro and Eco Pro +. I would imagine that the i3s BEV would have an even greater range, owing to its lighter weight.

I live in Los Angeles, and my driving is mainly on surface streets with some freeway driving. I've been consistently surprised by how much range I've been getting from a full charge, especially if I'm being diligent about adhering to best practices for driving efficiency. As is commonly written, BMW's range estimates are generally conservative. Of course if you drive in Sport mode and consistently punch the accelerator off the line, you'll definitely be penalized for it with reduced range. The same is true for sustained fast freeway driving (70mph +) over a reasonable distance. Fortunately, the i3s gives you the best of both worlds - you can drive like a hooligan, or hypermile!

Back