How can I confirm that an i3 REx has a wide-screen center display?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heelots

Hi, all.

I'm in Southern California, looking to purchase a used 2017 i3 REx.

I've seen both narrow and wide-screen center displays at various trim levels. Other than actually eyeballing the interior, is there an option I can check or specify to make sure I get an i3 REx with a WIDE-SCREEN display?

I'm searching for the car online, and it'll make things easier if there's some criteria I can search for, so I don't have to always drill down into interior photos.

Thanks!

If the i3 is equipped with the "Technology + Driving Assistant Package", it will have the wide screen center display.

If you are searching for prior model years, the adjective "professional" is often used to distinguish the wide center screen from the narrow "business" screen. The terms "professional" and "business" refer to the navigation system, which all i3s are equipped with.

dwarf pictures

If the dealership does not mention the packages and the photos are poor one of the things I did during my search was to use a BMW VIN checking website. For example if you put the VIN from this autotrader car into a BMW VIN checker you can see this car has "S609 Navigation System Professional". If it had the smaller display it would have said "S606 Navigation System Business".

Back